Friday, June 29, 2007

Interview With Eduardo Romero From The Commerce Bank Championship

After a strong performance in round-one of the Commerce Bank Championship where he shot a 6-under 65, Eduardo Romero sits in second place heading into the weekend. Romero birdied two, five, seven, twelve, fifteen and seventeen to pull within a shot of tournament leader Loren Roberts. Roberts described his competitors game by saying ''Romero has great hands and great feel. He doesn't worry about mechanics. He just goes out and well.''

In ten events played this season Romero has had six top ten finishes, nine top twenty-fives, is ninth on the money list with earnings totaling $719,449 and fifth on the Charles Schwab cup points list. I caught up with Romero who has been nicknamed ''El Gato'' to ask a few questions.

David: What has the key to your success been this season?

Mr. Romero: I’ve played very good, then last year I still played good. I have a fantastic game and I’m very concentrated. I’m very impressed by my putter and I would have even taken a 4-under today.

David: How was it unbelievable to see your fellow countrymen Angel Cabrera win the U.S Open?

Mr. Romero : It’s very important because it has a big impact on South America and Argentina.

David: Talk about how you’ve been able to form such a close bond with Angel.

Mr. Romero: He’s like my brother and along with my dad we’ve been able to have a nice relationship.

No comments: